In the late 1950s and early 60s – when aluminum siding reigned supreme – vinyl siding made its initial debut on American homes. The earliest vinyl garnered a bad reputation because the inferior materials had a tendency to crack and sag. But today’s high-tech plastic and vinyl materials together with modern manufacturing techniques have catapulted vinyl siding into an exceptionally versatile and high-performing choice. Today we’re sharing six benefits of vinyl siding in Allendale.
Vinyl siding is now chosen for over 32 percent of all new home construction, a trend that is only increasing over time. If you are considering siding for your home, here are five major advantages of vinyl siding in Allendale.
1. Beautiful by design. Vinyl siding has progressed from a practical choice to one of unmatched beauty. Homeowners can now select from a wide range of beautiful colors, a variety of styles and realistic textures. Customizing your ideal exterior by mixing and matching is now easier than ever.
2. High quality, high value. Vinyl siding in Allendale is cost-effective to install, designed to last, and makes a beautiful statement with a minimum of maintenance. When compared to wood siding, vinyl siding is virtually maintenance-free, and that means more money in your pocket with no paint to buy, panels to replace, or insects to fight. The only maintenance need is to hose it off now and then if it becomes dirty – that’s as simple as it gets.
3. Durability for life. Vinyl siding is as tough as it is beautiful. It is a smart choice in nearly any climate or condition, given its fade-resistant finishes, scratch-resistant colors and a locking technology to keep panels tightly affixed. An equally durable warranty is usually offered to back a homeowner’s investment.
4. A proven payback. Homeowners who chose vinyl siding over wood, brick, stone or fiber cement are often able to recover nearly 100% of the project cost when they resell their homes. If you’re planning to stay in your home, vinyl siding provides the lowest cost per square foot than other materials, for a faster return on your investment. There may be even tax breaks and loan incentives available depending on the type of vinyl siding you choose. When it comes time to sell your home, an exterior clad in vinyl siding is a plus with prospective homeowners.
5. Vinyl siding in Allendale is energy efficient. Depending on its R-value, vinyl siding may reduce your heating and cooling costs when properly installed. Pair your vinyl siding with new energy-efficient doors, windows, trim and ventilation, for even more savings. Your budget and your HVAC will thank you.
6. Eco-friendly and certified green. Choose vinyl siding, and you reduce your own carbon footprint. Take it one step further by going with a manufacturer who manufactures responsibly and uses eco-friendly packaging. Many vinyl siding, door and window products are recognized by the NAHB (National Association of Home Builders) as “green approved,” meaning they have been third party certified. Look for green-approved, eco-friendly, energy-efficient products when residing your home. It makes a difference.
If you’re considering your siding options for your new home or remodel, don’t overlook the many advantages of choosing modern vinyl siding in Allendale. We can guide you through your options and help you make a final decision based on your needs. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation! And be sure to check out our customer reviews and industry affiliations.